The Dean of the Theatre Faculty of the Academy of Performing Arts in Prague issues this ordinance according to Article 13 Paragraph 3 of the Statute of the Academy of Performing Arts and in accordance with laws and regulations, with the internal regulations of the Academy of Performing Arts and with the internal regulations of the Theatre Faculty of the Academy of Performing Arts in Prague. This ordinance regulates the conditions and rules of borrowing and reservation of the technical and other equipment within the Theatre Faculty of the Academy of Performing Arts in Prague.
(1) These Borrowing Rules regulate the conditions and rules of borrowing and reservation of the technical and other equipment within the Theatre Faculty of the Academy of Performing Arts in Prague (hereinafter “DAMU”).
(2) For the purpose of record keeping of the student projects, organisation of borrowing and reservations of the technical and other equipment, the application Technical Equipment Check-In Platform (hereinafter „PLATO“) which is available on this internet address:https://iim.cz/booking/cs/home is used here.
(3) PLATO is a shared platform for more academic institutions and it enables reservations and borrowing of technical equipment from its shared warehouses.
(1) The technical or other equipment that is the property of DAMU and is available within thePLATO platform (hereinafter “the equipment”) can be used freely and temporarily by other persons, but only by the students, pedagogical staff and other employees of DAMU (hereinafter “the Borrower”) in accordance with the conditions stipulated in the Borrowing Rules.
(2) The Borrower is obliged to follow with the Borrowing Rules and use the given equipment in a safe way. The Borrower confirms his or her comprehension and consent with the Borrowing rules by his or her signature on the borrowing confirmation document. The Borrowing Rules are located in the PLATO application and also in a printed version on the borrowing site of DAMU (central borrowing warehouse of DAMU - Karlova 26, 116 65 Praha 1, room K6/tract Karlova).
(3) The rules for borrowing and the borrowing procedure are described in the PLATO web application.
(4) In case that the Borrower does not want to use the reserved equipment, he or she is obliged to cancel the approved reservation, no later than twenty-four hours before the scheduled borrowing of the equipment. If the Borrower does not do so or the Borrower does not borrow the equipment at the scheduled time, the reservation is automatically cancelled and the Borrower is not entitled to borrow the particular equipment any longer. If the students fail to borrow the equipment in the cases mentioned in this paragraph, the corresponding amount of points for the given borrowing is subtracted from the student's account. The extent of the points subtracted is one day of borrowing.
(5) The Borrower is informed by the responsible employee of the DAMU borrowing warehouse (hereinafter „the Warehouse Administrator“) how to use the equipment. The Borrower is obliged to act in accordance with the instructions given by the Warehouse Administrator.
(6) The Borrower is obliged to check the equipment when receiving it (according to the type of equipment and technical possibilities) and to report the discovered flaws and imperfections immediately after discovering to the Warehouse Administrator (function, appearance, wear, completeness, accessories etc.).
(7) By signing the borrowing confirmation document, the Borrower confirms that he or she has received the equipment which is in the state eligible for use accepts absolute liability for the equipment borrowed. The duration of the liability lasts until of moment of returning the equipment properly to the responsible employee of the DAMU borrowing warehouse.
(8) The PLATO catalogue can also include equipment which requires special knowledge/skills/training or fulfilment of other specific conditions. In case of such equipment, the Warehouse Administrator properly introduces and provides training to the Borrower when borrowing the equipment. The Warehouse Administrator introduces the equipment and provides the training in a way related to the specifications of use and control of the kind of equipment which requires special knowledge/skills/training or fulfilment of other specific conditions.
(9) Extra-ordinary requirements implied by the needs of the approved teaching process which is not possible to solve according to the aforementioned points of the Borrowing Rules are determined by the approval of the Warehouse Administrator.
Purpose of Borrowing
(1) The equipment is borrowed only for the purpose of fulfilment of student, pedagogical or employee obligations and for the ways of use which are agreed.
2) The equipment can be borrowed for the student projects which are properly established and approved by the DAMU academic employee who is responsible for the project. The equipment can be also borrowed for the projects related to the approved teaching process or to a form of presentation of the Department or the University. Every borrowing performed by a student must be properly bound with a project in the PLATO application which is approved.
(3) The borrowing performed by the DAMU academic employees and employees does not have to be bound with a project.
Rules of borrowing
(1) It is forbidden:
a. To interfere in the borrowed equipment, to repair or adjust the equipment in any way, or use the equipment in a way which is contrary to the determined purpose and to the standards of use and control.
b. To use the equipment for private or commercial purposes.
c. To provide the borrowed equipment for use to the other persons.
In case of violation of the aforementioned rules, the Borrower carries absolute liability for the damage on the equipment, property or health, including the cases when the Third Parties are harmed.
(2) Usual costs of common use of the equipment are covered by the Borrower. When extra-ordinary costs are necessary, the Borrower is obliged to inform the Warehouse Administrator and consult the following procedure. If the Borrower fails to do so, he or she is not entitled to receive the compensation for the costs.
(3) If the Borrower finds a defect on the borrowed equipment, or if a defect/malfunction of the borrowed equipment occurs during the borrowing duration, the Borrower is obliged to report it promptly to the Warehouse Administrator. Both the Borrower and the Warehouse Administrator shall agree on the following procedure.
(4) In case of loss or damage of the borrowed equipment or of its accessories caused by the Borrower, DAMU shall demand financial compensation. The damages based on the proceedings of the Claims Committee of the Academy of Performing Arts in Prague and the decision of the Bursar of the Academy of Performing Arts in Prague. The Borrower is obliged to pay the damages in a way which is agreed and follow the due date stipulated by the Academy of Performing Arts in Prague.
(5) In case that the terms and conditions of this Borrowing Rules are violated, the Warehouse Administrator is entitled to suspend the right of the Borrower to make new reservations and borrowings of the equipment. In case of stipulated damages for the loss or damage of the borrowed equipment, the Warehouse Administrator is entitled to suspend the right of the Borrower to make new reservations and borrowings of the equipment until the stipulated damages is credited on the account of the Academy of Performing Arts in Prague.
Termination of Borrowing
(1) The standard maximum period of the borrowing is thirty calendar days. The borrowing in progress can be extended one time for free before its validity expires, but the borrowed equipment shall not be already reserved for a longer period of time by a different person. In case that duration of the period is longer than the standard one, the Warehouse Administrator shall approve the reservation.
(2) The act of proper returning of the borrowed equipment shall be confirmed on the borrowing confirmation document. The Warehouse Administrator shall record existing damage and defects of the returned equipment.
(3) If the agreed period of borrowing is exceeded, the Borrower is charged a fee which equals to 10 CZK for every piece of equipment and for every calendar day exceeding the agreed due date of returning of the equipment (hereinafter ” the fee”). The fee shall be paid by the Borrower in cash at the moment of returning the equipment to the Warehouse Administrator. In such a case, the Warehouse Administrator shall issue a cash receipt to the Borrower.
(4) In case that the Borrower returns equipment which has the wear level exceeding common use or damaged equipment, equipment without accessories, incomplete equipment, modified in a different way or a different equipment than the borrowed one, it is not considered the proper return of the subject of the borrowing.
(5) The Borrower is entitled to return the borrowed equipment before the agreed term of returning. The Borrower can do so during the opening hours of the Central Borrowing Warehouse of DAMU.
(6) The Warehouse Administrator is entitled to require the Borrower to return the borrowed equipment immediately. The Warehouse Administrator is entitled to do so in extra-ordinary cases and in case of the strategic interest of DAMU. The corresponding amount of points used for the given borrowing is returned to the student.
(7) In terms of interruption of studies, the student-borrower is obliged to return all the equipment borrowed immediately after the interruption, no later than five days from the date of interruption of studies, except the case that the earlier term for returning the borrowed equipment is scheduled.
(8) If the Borrower terminates his or her studies or employment at DAMU, he or she is obliged to settle all the claims the DAMU equipment warehouse has on the Borrower and also, the Borrower is obliged to return all the borrowed equipment no later than the termination date of the studies/employment at DAMU. The Warehouse Administrator certifies by the clearance certificate of the DAMU Student/Employee that all the equipment was returned properly, respectively, the student/employee does not have any obligations to equipment warehouse of DAMU. In case of failure to perform the obligation to the equipment warehouse, the DAMU shall take the following steps in accordance with the internal regulations and with generally applicable laws and regulations.
(1) The equipment can borrowed and returned only during the scheduled opening hours of the respective central borrowing warehouse of DAMU (room K6/tract Karlova of the DAMU building – Karlova 26, 1165 Praha 1).
(2) The Warehouse Administrator is authorised require from the Borrower to show his or her student card or employee card.
(3) The Borrowing Rules of DAMU come into force by signature and take effect on 1st September 2019.
MgA. et Mgr. Doubravka Svobodová
Dean of DAMU