Exceptional situation: running of the DAMU from Monday 12 October 2020
Exceptional situation caused by the COVID-19 epidemics and running of the Theatre Faculty from Monday 12 October 2020 (until 1 November 2020):
With regards to all the recent government measures announced to slow the spread of the coronavirus disease, with effect from 12 October and valid in the course of the following 3 weeks (until Sunday 1 November 2020), the Theatre Faculty will operate in the following manner:
- all courses are organized as distance education; any contact education (including the lifelong education courses) in the premises and outside of its premises is forbidden, individual consultations of students with teachers will be organized online / via electronic means.
- teachers can use the premises and technical equipment of the faculty for the distance education. Entering the faculty premises at Tržiště 20 will be enabled only through the Lichtenštejnský palác (the reception of Hartigovský palác will be closed) – see the measures announced by HAMU.
- students of DAMU can enter the faculty only in working days and only due to exceptional reasons, such as:
- visiting library (only to borrow or return books, the study room is closed),
- handling the absolutely necessary matters at the Study Department of DAMU or at the secretariat of their own department (always after previous phone or email appointment with the secretary of the department), which cannot be handled via phone or email
- foreign students – for the purpose of handling necessary matters at the International Affairs Office of DAMU after previous phone or email appointment with Z. Hermochová) – only matters which cannot be handled via phone or via email
- visiting and using the PC room for study purposes (always after previous notification and specification of the usage time of the PC rooms).
- Individual rehearsals in classrooms and premises of the faculty are forbidden.
- The operation of the DISK Theatre is suspended for those 3 weeks, including rehearsals and the planned productions.
The operation of the administrative section will be limited to the most essential support. The office opening hours are set from Monday to Thursday, always from 9 am to 1 pm. Necessary consultations of teachers with administrative officers can be organized within these opening times based on previous phone appointment.
- Library opening times: open from Monday to Thursday always from 10 am to 3 pm, Friday – closed, the study room is closed
- Study Department: open for students and teachers of DAMU always from Monday to Thursday from 10 am to 12 pm, only after a previous phone or email appointment (tel. + 420 234 244 285, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, for PhD. studies: tel. + 420 234 244 218, email: email@example.com)
- International Affairs Office: open for foreign students from Monday to Thursday from 10 am to 1 pm, and only after previous appointment (tel. + 420 234 244 286, email: firstname.lastname@example.org) – students have the obligation to preferentially handle their matters through phone or email
- PC rooms: open only from Monday to Thursday always from 10 am to 3 pm – individuals interested in using the PC room have to report this in advance to: email@example.com (maximum number of students in the PC room is 4 people, only labelled PCs can be used to ensure distance between the users).
Mgr. MgA. Doubravka Svobodová, Dean of DAMU
Ing. Iva Štveráková, Secretary of DAMU
12. October 2020