The Prague Summer Theatre School
General Information about the PSTS Program
The PSTS consists of three-week studio courses.
Courses meet for three teaching hours mornings or afternoons every weekday.
DAMU reserves the right to make modifications to the schedule.
Is it possible to take more than one course?
Yes, but please note that many courses run simultaneously!
Due to scheduling, you can take Enlivening the Performer and any other course.
This means that only the following course combinations are possible:
- Authorial Performance through (Inter)acting with the Inner Partner & Enlivening the Performer
- Devising Site-Specific Performance & Enlivening the Performer
- Introduction to Stage Design: From Beholding the Text to Shaping the Space & Enlivening the Performer
- Performing Nonverbal Comedy Theatre & Enlivening the Performer
- Presenting Performance & Enlivening the Performer
- Puppetry Intensive – Releasing the Hidden Energy of Objects and Puppets & Enlivening the Performer
- Unveiling the Performer: An Introduction to Making and Performing with Mask & Enlivening the Performer
No other combinations are possible!
Are you interested in a general introduction to theatre and performance and a rich sample of what DAMU has to offer? Enlivening the Performer and Presenting Performance are separate courses that complement each other. You may enroll in one course, but students are encouraged to take both.
Remember: If you take two courses, you receive 25% off the tuition of the second course.
The maximum class size is 12-14 students.
Each course offers 45 contact hours. University students interested in obtaining credit for the coursework may do so. Each course equals 3 U.S./6 ECTS credits. (Credits are subject to approval by home institutions.) Students will receive a Certificate of Completion.
The PSTS also includes an afternoon of seminars in modern Czech theatre history for all its students.
An optional, recommended performance program in the evenings complements the day program. PSTS students will attend performances with DAMU staff at local venues in order to experience Prague’s theatre scene. Ticket prices are not included in the tuition.
Costs & Accommodation
Please see the Costs and Accommodation links on the left side of this page.
To participate in most PSTS courses, you need to have at least an intermediate or upper-intermediate level of English (e.g., CEFR B1 or above). If you are unsure about the level needed for your course, please contact us.
For general information or an application, please contact Irena Feithová, Communications Coordinator, at: email@example.com
For more specific questions, please contact the Director of the PSTS, Alexander Komlosi, at: firstname.lastname@example.org, cell: +420 776 072 092.